For three decades, the Hall of Leaders has been a symbol of industry excellence, achievement and inspiration, recognizing 122 pioneers who represent intelligence and leadership, ideas and innovation, influence and risk-taking. In doing so, the Hall of Leaders has become the most prestigious honor in the meetings, conventions, exhibitions and events industry.
As a natural extension of the Hall of Leaders, the Pacesetter Awards recognize emerging leaders and industry supporters in "real time," rather than over a lifetime. The Pacesetter Awards recognize those whose recent accomplishments speak highly of where the industry is today and chart a course for where it is headed. Measuring individual excellence, the Pacesetter Award has three focus areas: Young Professionals, Sustainability and Social Responsibility, and Leadership and Innovation.
2018 Hall of Leaders Inductees
· Corbin W. Ball, CMP, CSP, DES, MS, Corbin Ball & Co. (Nominated by Attendee Management Inc.)
· Henry S. Givray, SmithBucklin (Nominated by AMC Institute)
· Edward Liu, CEMS Singapore (Nominated by International Association of Exhibitions & Events)
· Deborah Sexton, FASAE, DLS and Associates (Nominated by Professional Convention Management Association)
2018 Pacesetter Award Winners
· Sustainability & Corporate Social Responsibility: Jeff Chase, Freeman (Nominated by Freeman)
· Innovation: Zena Phillips, CMP, CPCE, Hilton Worldwide (Nominated by National Association for Catering and Events)
· Young Professional: Jessie States, CMM, Meeting Professionals International (Nominated by Meeting Professionals International)